“Sophie has always felt out of step — an outsider, even amongst friends in her high school with all the hype about celebrity culture. Her life in L.A. seems to have been already written for her, but when her junior year starts, it all takes a drastic turn. When she crosses paths with the school's heartthrob, Nate Werner, they fall for each other in a way neither can understand. What they don’t know is that by giving in to their desires, they are unlocking an ancient Egyptian prophecy that threatens to return Earth to the dark ages.
To undo the curse, Nate and Sophie embark on an adventure that takes them across the country. But their quest is not only to save the world as they know it. It is also a fight for their very survival. Behind the scenes, there are those that are counting on them to fail.”
Rules for the World Tour:
Welcome to the Year of the Great Seventh summer world tour!
We will be hopping from side to side of the globe helping Nate and Sophie find each other, but for that, we need you through the entire tour. Sophie and Nate need to meet at a secret location at the end of the blog tour, but since they don’t want anyone else to know where, they left the address in hidden code.
We will be giving you clues at each tour stop that will help you find the location. Also, at each blog tour stop, we will unveil a part of a picture that discloses the secret location.
These are the rules of the game:
- You’ll need to have read The Year of the Great Seventh to be able to follow the game, or at least, have some knowledge of what happens in the novel.
- You’ll need access to Google maps (Street View).
- At each blog tour stop we will reveal a sentence like this:
Sophie spent an afternoon at the (2676 S Vermont Ave, Los Angeles, CA—second word written on top of the main entrance door) Park with her friends.
- You’ll need to put that address into Google maps, and using Street View, you need to work out which word is missing. In this case, the answer would the following:
Sophie spent an afternoon at the SKATE Park with her friends.
- We are only interested in the first letter of the word: “S”.
- The next day, we will plot that letter into the four words that will hint the secret location, and we will give you the new sentence.
- - - - - - - - S - - - - - -
- Additionally, there will be a photo of the secret location at each blog tour stop. At the first stop, it will be totally blacked out, but as we go along the tour, we will start unveiling different parts.
- When we get to the last stop, with the photo and the four words that we will have deciphered, you’ll be on your own to find the secret location.
- The first 5 people who send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the correct solution will win a free hardcopy of The Year of the Great Seventh.
- We will only disclose the winners after the last stop of the blog tour, and will strictly follow the email entries by date/time received to award the books to the first 5 people who discover the secret location. Please remember to include your first name, last name, and address in the email. We will not use this information for any other purpose.
- You can write comments on the blog post. We are okay with people helping each other; however, the first 5 people to send the correct answer win the books.
- If you change your mind about the secret location, you can send more than one email.
- There can only be one winner per address, and you can only win a maximum of 1 book per person.
Let’s hope we can help Nate and Sophie find each other!
Good luck to everyone!
The rising sun, (Ra), was symbolized by an obelisk.
(Via Cernaia 30, Torino, Italy – top word on the awning) had possessed all the answers needed by Sophie and Nate to save themselves.
The picture of the secret location:
World Tour Schedule:
July 16 YA Book Addict
July 17 Pretty in Fiction
July 18 Reading Away the Days
July 19 Book Mark Belles
July 20 Le Vanity Victorienne
July 21 The Maniacal Bookworm
July 22 Book - Marks the Spot
July 23 Digesting the Words
July 24 Butterfly Feet Walking on Books
July 25 Book Divas
July 26 Nawanda Files
July 27 Coffee, Books and Me
July 28 The Dust Jacket
July 29 The Bookish Outsider
July 30 Just a Book Lover
August 1 So Many Books, So Little Time
August 2 Framed In Words
Check out The Year of the Great Seventh at these sites!